We are proud supporters of the Close to Home Campaign. Please visit the campaign website here to see how you can make an impact.
About CLOSE TO HOME
CLOSE TO HOME is a campaign to raise awareness, increase understanding, and move Coloradans to speak up and take actions that make a meaningful difference in addressing homelessness. Increased public engagement paves the road to identify, pilot, implement, and sustain solutions such as affordable housing, supportive services, and employment and education opportunities.
History. The idea for the CLOSE TO HOME campaign began in a listening tour conducted by The Denver Foundation in communities across the seven-county Metro Denver area (Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, and Jefferson counties). Residents said far too many people cannot meet their basic needs, especially housing, hunger, and a lack of safety or access to basic medical care. They said we need to increase understanding, compassion, and get more people engaged to solve these challenges.
Through research and community input, including people who have experienced homelessness, the CLOSE TO HOME strategy was developed. The campaign goals are to:
- Mobilize Metro Denver residents to address the underlying causes of homelessness.
- Increase understanding so that Metro Denver residents experiencing homelessness are viewed by others, and regard themselves, as valuable members of our communities.
- Make homelessness a priority issue in Metro Denver.
- Tips on How-to-Engage PDF
- Tips on How-to-Engage Word
- Caring Card
- E-mail Template PDF
- E-mail Template Word
- Style Guide
- Campaign Images
- Social Media
- For campaign logos please visit the campaign website: www.closetohomeco.org